Rare Diseases: 1st International Congress on Clinical Genetics And Genetic Counselling
Seville, Spain, is hosting the 1st International Congress on Clinical Genetics and Genetic Counselling in Rare Diseases, April 16 – 17, 2015. The meeting offers a global and multidisciplinary vision of the importance of clinical genetics and genetic counselling for genetic rare diseases
This conference aims to be the forum that will provide healthcare specialists, researchers in the field of rare diseases, and other professionals involved in the treatment and diagnosis of rare diseases, with the necessary tools to correctly interpret and communicate etiology and natural history, in order to ensure the best management of the disease and the patient. Also, the conference will help attendees obtain a complete overview of individual and networking projects that are being carried out in the field of rare diseases. It will provide an opportunity to take part in the pioneering research regarding its key issues, and will be an important networking platform with the most relevant people from the industry and scientific community.
Some of the issues to be discussed are:
• Importance of early diagnosis of rare diseases in order to achieve the best forecast and treatment
• Best practices in the etiology and natural history of the disease communication
• Ethical implications of genetic counselling
• Classical and genetic diagnosis
• Use of Next Generation Sequencing Technologies.
• Domenica Taruscio, Director, National Center for Rare Diseases
• Caroline Kant, Founder & Executive Director, EsperRare Foundation
• Virginia Llera, President, International Conferences for Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs (ICORD) and GEISER Foundation.
Download the Congress Brochure.
Meeting Logo courtesy of Genetic Insider. Orphan Druganaut is a Meda Partner.
Copyright © 2012-2015, Orphan Druganaut Blog. All rights reserved.